Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Technology and Teaching: My Philosophy


Healthy living, what it means


Initially I did not think that technology would be that relevant of a thing for myself and my classroom. However, I will say that while working with my group and collaborating on our final project together I have seen some great ways that technology can be used and implemented in my health class. For my classroom I hope that I am provided with a SmartBoard to teach my lessons off of. It actually wasn't until today that I really learned all the potential that it has for downloading applications that coincide with the class being taught. I really like the interactiveness of the board as well and how students can be a part of the lesson instead of just listening. Additionally I would love to use the Wii and Wii Fit programs to get my students jump started on the main points that will be covered in my class. The Wii Fit is a great source of technology that can keep track of my student's health progress throughout a whole semester. Finally, I would like for my class to keep individual blogs of all the progress that they are making, this can include healthy food choices they have made or exercises they find fun. By having them write about what they are doing in their weekly lifestyle will, hopefully, keep them focused on making the right choices for their body.

No comments:

Post a Comment