Tuesday, April 14, 2015

C4T #3 Summary

   

Searching on Google



 For this months' "comments for teachers" assignments I was given Mr. David Warlick and his blog "2[cents] Worth" to read and comment on. In the first post that I read he was discussing how the way technology is used, in some aspects, is still the same today as it was at the start of the 20th century. It was actually pretty funny to see what people were searching for on the internet then and to see the most popular searches now! While we think that we may be getting more and more advanced in our technology, some things still haven't changed. In my comment to him on this posting I expressed how comical I thought that this was to me and interesting at the same time.
     In the next blog post that I read about Mr. Warlick was discussing some new words that he had learned and the meaning of them in actual definition and in comparison to the real world too. In his post I told him I thought his closing statements were rather insightful to me as a student preparing to run a classroom. The statements were, "Any question, whose answer can be Googled, should not be on a test" and "If we teach today's students as we taught yesterday's, we rob them of their tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment