Wednesday, February 25, 2015

C4K Summary

     Throughout the past month I have had the opportunity to read and then subsequently post on four different students blog posts. The students that I received were Rylie, Ike, Kaitlyn, and Najelley. They ranged in age from third grade all the way up to high school. Additionally, they all live and go to school in different states.
     Rylie was the first student that I was given and he is in Mrs. Smedy's class. I had some problems trying to connect to his blog unfortunately. The link that I was given to his blog didn't connect me all the way and when I asked for ways to figure it out it just didn't work.
     Fortunately, when I received the link for my next student everything worked out successfully! Ike H. was the second blog that I visited. Ike is a student in Mr. Boylen's class and their assignment was to write about their day. Ike lives up north and wrote that they had gotten a snow storm. I told him that down here we hardly ever get snow and that this time last year we experienced an ice storm and we had to close down all our schools.
     Kaitlyn, in Mrs. Leatherwood's class, was my third student. Her blog assignment was for her students to write about the best day of their life. Kaitlyn wrote about how her family was planning on adopting a new puppy and she was so excited. She had a dog that was part of the family ever since she could remember but, sadly, the dog had passed away several months ago. After having some time pass they decided to go look for Lab breeders. They found one that bred silver lab puppies and they have been keeping up on the progress of the puppy's growth. I told her about how my family has had two labs and my first dog ever was a black lab named Maggie. When Maggie passes away many years ago my mother and I went and adopted a new puppy, a yellow lab, named Homer. Homer was a birthday gift to my dad and he is now 13 years old.
     The last student's blog that I read was Najelley's. She is a high school student in Mrs. Maslowski's class. Mrs. Maslowski gave them an assignment related to Black History Month. The option that Najelley picked was to discuss an African American inventor and their influence. She chose to write about George Washington Carver and his impact that he made on the agricultural world. Everyone associates Carver with his using peanuts in his inventions. The reason that this is what he used is because farmers had such a large amount of them in storage and they were just going bad. To keep this crop from going to waste, Carver invented peanut butter and other innovative ways to use peanuts. Additionally, he also used sweet potatoes to help farmers replenish the soil. Upon reading her post I didn't know that Carver had done so much and made such a large impact on the agricultural world.
Students at computer

http://mrsmaslowski.edublogs.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment