Sunday, February 15, 2015

Blog Post 5

Personal Learning Networks...
     Personal learning networks, PLN's, are comprised of people, places, organizations, and activities that enable you to learn and expand your teaching resources. From looking at the resources given, I noticed that a lot of teachers get started making their PLN's by either blogging or using resources found on Twitter. So that's where I began my search to start building my own network. So far I have found sources that include The Teaching Channel, @teachingchannel, Edutopia, @edutopia, and Discovery Education, @DiscoveryEd. These are just a couple of sources that I have found so far but I am hoping to expand upon them soon!

     Building personal learning networks are now almost essential to stay on the next level in education. By communicating with other professionals and using additional resources such as twitter you can be exposed to so many ideas. Also, by using an extended network can help you discover ways to reach all students on many levels. Teaching is no longer a linear concept, it ranges in so many dimensions and using your own learning network can expand your knowledge in every direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment