Sunday, February 22, 2015

Blog Post 6

Conversing with Anthony Capps...
     While viewing the conversations that were had with Mr. Capps, I gained a lot of insight on how using project based learning can be really effective in the classroom. The projects that he had used in the classroom really covered a lot of topics and standards in one without being too overwhelming for him or his students. Also, I realized that a lot of thought and preparation has to be put in in developing his class projects. In contrast to traditional lesson planning, when developing the ideas to implement as a project you have to think of its purpose, its effectiveness, and is it going to be exciting and engaging for the students.
     In specific, in the video conversation "Don't teach the tech-use it", I thought it was really insightful. While doing all of our own projects in EDM 310 and branching out to use new technology it can get overwhelming. In fact, the most frequent thought that I have while facing some more of the challenging tasks is "How will I use this for my students?" or "Am I going to be able to clearly demonstrate how to use a program?". Upon watching this video though, I realize that it's not about teaching the technology its about incorporating it. The students in today's generation are so technologically advanced that teaching the technology would be a mundane task for them, so why waste the time.
Ipad expanding with many options

2 comments:

  1. I also learned new things about Project Based Learning. I did not realize how much time and effort went into planning these projects for a class. I like how you added some real information from the videos. Also, I believe that it is not necessary to teach children how to use technology; when they most likely know or they can figure it out easy, by trial and error.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each picture you include in a blog post must have alt and title modifiers. There is no excuse for not having them at this point in the semester. Please fix this.

    Also, did you only watch the one video you linked or did you watch others? If you watched more than that one video, you should link those, too.

    ReplyDelete