Sunday, January 18, 2015

Blog Post 1

Questions, comments, concerns...
     Before starting the EDM 310 class I told several of my friends that I had signed up for it and I was surprised when I got so much feedback about it. Before even saying a word their facial expressions told me that I was in for a lot. Many of them told me about their experiences and that I was going to have to do a lot of work and do multiple projects. Honestly it didn't scare me. I really feel like I am the only one who can judge a course for myself. I know what I am capable of handling and almost enjoy it more when I know that a lot of work will be involved, it makes getting through a course worth it. So, if I had to say I had fears about this course they would mostly be limited to having issues in trying to master doing a new task on my computer.
     If I had to relate this course to courses I have taken before it would fall between my intro to computer class, which is on the easier end to my scale and the only technology related course I have had, to my genomics and organic chemistry class, which lie on the harder end of my scale because I spent hours upon hours studying and teaching myself the material. I know that sometimes I will have the information handed to me but then again sometimes you have to think more abstractly to get the information to work in ways in which you learn it best. I don't expect the course to be easy, doing so would be unwise, but I do know that any course is doable if you just put in the time and effort.
     Ultimately, I think that the most difficult aspect of the course that I will face is being unsure of how to use my new Macbook. It just so happened that as soon as I stared the course my PC decided to go and I heard that Mac was the way to go. I think that it will be an easy problem to handle it will just take me some time getting used to new functions and having to practice using it at home. Luckily, being able to complete these blogs has not been seen to be a problem yet! I do not have any additional questions but I can't wait to really get started and see what all ways that I can incorporate what I learn in this course into subjects that I will teach in the future.


1 comment:

  1. Kasey!
    I really enjoyed reading your blog! Before signing up for this class I got a lot of the same facial expressions that you mentioned, but they did actually intimidate me. Don't have any doubts about choosing a Mac as your new "baby" trust me you will love it way more than a PC, I have had mine for about 4 years now and I will never go back!

    ReplyDelete