Thursday, March 26, 2015

C4K Summary #2

   
taking a standardized test


     During the month of March I was given three more student's blogs in which to read and comment on. Two of the three students were from Mrs. Malowski's class and were given the option to either discuss the recent PLAN test that they took or to talk about job shadowing. My first student, Tayler, chose the PLAN test. In her discussion of it she talked about how it was a difficult test and that she wished she would have had more time to take it and review her answers. She additionally expressed how hopefully this test would help to prepare her for the ACT that she would be taking in the next few years. In my response I told her about how the ACT has a similar format and gave her some advice for taking on the timed portions of the exam. My nest student in this class was supposed to be Terren but unfortunately he did not have an updated blog so I chose another student, Ariel. Ariel chose the other option of discussing some recent job shadowing that she had done. She chose to shadow a nurse for the day and she really enjoyed it! I expressed to her that I was very happy that she had the opportunity to shadow when she did. When I was in high school I would have loved to have had the chance to look into the career that I was really interested in. It definitely would have helped a lot when I was trying to decide what my major would be. I think that by being able to follow around a professional in her future career will help even more to solidify her plans for the future. The last student that I was given came from Mrs. Lombard's seventh grade class. Ethan M. was my last student for the month and in his blog he discussed a recent book series that he had read. He had just finished the last book of the Left Behind series and talked about how he liked them a lot and was suggesting the series for other readers. I told him that while I had never read the books my dad owned all of them and he really liked them too. I was glad that he found a great series that he really liked and gave him insight on Christianity as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment